Microsoft has launched new Windows updated with new version of BIOS menu. All the Windows 8 or later versions come with UEFI firmware rather then BIOS menu. Microsoft has included secure boot in all the latest versions of Windows OS. Secure boot allows users to boot only from UEFI firmware.
Secure boot protects your system from unwanted files and viruses that can crash your BIOS menu. WithoutSecure boot, you cannot boot your system with other devices. It also stops booting or switching between two operating systems. It will provide high security by stopping boot from unauthorised devices like USB or Disk Drives.
You may need to disable Secure Boot to run PC graphics cards, hardware, or operating systems or installing them. Make sure that your system is using latest UEFI firmware otherwise it will crash your system. For Windows RT 8.1 and Windows RT PCs, Secure Boot is required to be configured so that it cannot be disabled after once enabled. By default, Secure Boot is enabled on Windows 10 PC or laptops.
Secure Boot security standard was created you might say which simply permits certified keys holders to set up a new application, meaning it’s not going to permit you to install new systems from flash drives and will simply allow the installation procedure proceed if using certified Windows 8 and higher.
Manufacturers will be able to enable UEFI Secure Boot without giving you a manual kill switch, as they have to do with Windows 8 systems. If you are looking for how to Disable Secure Boot Windows 10 then this article will help you. If that happens, you’ll only be able to boot Microsoft-approved operating systems on these locked-down PCs. Microsoft is turning the Secure Boot screws tighter, and Linux users are right to be concerned. Hope you liked this article on Windows 10 Secure Boot Mandatory and fix Can’t Disable Secure Boot.
Disable UEFI Secure Boot in Windows 10
Users will be able to enable UEFI Secure Boot without manual work. But if it is not enabled, you cannot use another operating system on your machine rather than Windows OS. Microsoft is turning the Secure Boot option ay higher level, and Linux users are right to be concerned. They know How to Disable UEFI Secure Boot in Windows 10.
When you start your PC in a boot mode, the Secure Boot feature in the UEFI firmware checks the operating system loader and its drivers by an approved digital signature on a physical device. Users are looking for disabling secure boot windows 10 Asus, disable secure boot Windows 10 Acer and Sony laptops. Did we saw many users, asking questions like can’t disable secure boot? Here you will learn Disabling Secure Boot in Windows 10.
How to Disable UEFI Secure Boot in Windows 10/8.1/8?
Follow steps below to Disable UEFI Secure Boot in Windows 10/8.1/8. Note that Windows 10 Secure Boot option must be set to “Disabled”.
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings. Click on Change PC settings and then go to General PC settings and select Advanced startup and then click on Restart now.
- Navigate to Update and recovery from left sidebar. Click Restart now under Advanced startup.
- Now you will be presented with the Chose an options screen. Select Troubleshoot and then move to
- Advanced options in Troubleshoot.
- In the Advanced Options menu, choose UEFI Firmware settings.
- Click on Restart to reboot your Windows 10 PC in UEFI settings.
- From UEFI utility, move to boot on the top menu. You will find turn off secure boot in Windows 10.
- Use the arrow key to navigate to Secure Boot option and then press Enter to select it. Use + or – to change its value.
How To Disable UEFI Secure Boot In Windows 8 & 10
- Open the BIOS menu. You can often access this menu by pressing a key like F1, F2, F12.
- You can hold the Shift key while selecting Restart. Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options: UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Find the Secure Boot setting, and if possible, set it to Disabled. Then save changes and exit.
- In some cases, you may need to change other settings in the firmware, such as enabling a
- Compatibility Support Module to support legacy BIOS operating systems.
ASUS Secure Boot
Acer Secure Boot
Hope you can find this How to Disable UEFI Secure Boot in Windows 10 article helpful. Comment below if you need any help.