The Driver Power State Failure Error is a very common error in windows 10 you will receive during BSOD or Blue screen of death on Windows 10 and Windows 8. If you’re seeing the Windows 10 Driver Power State Failure error and looking for possible solutions then this tutorial is for you. As its name suggests, this error usually occurs due to a corrupted or outdated driver for any hardware device that your system may have.The error can be caused either by the driver itself or power settings.
So now you know why you are getting driver_power_state_failure windows 10 issue. However, it is not necessary that any of the below-listed fixes may work for you.
When you are upgrading the system to Windows 10, you may encounter Driver Power State Failure error. This is a very common and frustrating driver error in Windows 10, and this problem is for the outdated driver or incompatible driver with Windows 10 OS. Microsoft has implemented many new security features in Windows 10.
How to fix Windows 10 Driver Power State Failure error
Types of Error:
- Internet Connectivity problem
- WiFi status showing connection available – not connected
- Unable to boot Windows
- Graphics Card Driver Problem
What is BSOD?
BSOD or the Blue Screen of Death is a legendary computer error that has rendered many PCs useless. When you encounter a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) in Windows 10 the system will save information for Windows 10 driver power failure in a log file. The First solution is very general and you all know which is it. Yes, Rebooting.
If you will receive Windows 10 driver power state failure issue for the first time then restarting the system will fix driver_power_state_failure windows 10. Usually, Windows 10 users start to panic when they see the Blue screen of death.
Method 1: Fix Error in Safe Mode
You could fix the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error by uninstalling some device drivers in safe mode in Windows 10.
After entering the safe mode, you need to follow the steps below to fix the error:
Step 1: Find Problematic Drivers
- Right click the Computer and select Properties.
- Click Device Manager to find whether there are yellow exclamation marks beside the hardware names.
Step 2: Uninstall the Drivers
- Right click the hardware with problematic drivers and select Uninstall.
Step 3: Reinstall the Drivers
- Restart the PC and go to Control Panel.
- Select System and Security and choose Windows Update.
- Click Check for updates. Follow the instruction to install the driver updates.
Method 2: Upgrade the BIOS
- Find the BIOS information on your device and then search for the BIOS updates on the manufacturer’s support website.
- When you find your BIOS, download and update BIOS.
Method 3: Update your Drivers
- Go to Control Panel > System and Security > System and from the left side, click on Device Manager to open it.
- Now expand and check each category of devices.
- If you see a Yellow exclamation mark in front of any device then right-click on it and select update drivers.
- Once the latest drivers are downloaded and installed, restart your PC and see if the error is resolved.
Driver Power State Failure Windows 7 is an error that is displayed in Bluescreen of Death (BSOD). This error is mostly exhibited due to the incompatible or improper driver for almost any hardware device a computer system may have.
That means driver_power_state_failure windows 10 problem may have occurred when there is any changing in power state. You may also see an error code 0x0000009F in blue screen. Don’t worry, Windows 10 driver_power_state_failure error temporarily and it may be fixed with Windows update.