After the windows 10 update, many users have started facing serious issues with Windows 10 PC and laptops. GDI, commonly known as Graphics Device Interface and Windows App are preventing your computer from shut down. Windows GDI+ is the portion of the Windows os that provides two-dimensional vector graphics, imaging, and typography. GDI+ improves on Windows Graphics Device Interface (GDI) by adding new features and by optimizing existing features.
What is GDI+?
GDI+ is an updated C++-based version of GDI. The Graphics Device Interface (GDI) is a Microsoft Windows application programming interface and core operating system component for graphical objects and transmitting them to output devices such as monitors and printers. This is a very important module in Windows os. This module allows application programmers to display information on a screen and insulates the application from the graphics hardware.
GDI+ Window preventing to shut down – Fix shutdown problem in windows 10
Your PC won’t shut down after you’ve installed Windows 10. When you try to shut down your laptop OR PC, gdi window preventing to shut down due to gdi windows 10. Windows 10 not shutting down properly?
Microsoft has launched the new approach to shutdown, called Hybrid Shutdown. This element is permitted automagically, also it lowers the PC’s shutdown time. Hybrid Shutdown reduces the shutdown period by hibernating the kernel session, as opposed to fully shutting it. If the Computer is run on again, the kernel period is terminated from the hibernation. Therefore it lowers the starting time aswell.
But besides improving the performance, Hybrid Shutdown function could also cause some problems and sometimes even reduce Windows from shutting down completely. When this occurs, many computers freeze or hang when you attempt to close them down, and the reason for that is that Hybrid Shutdown is enabled by default. Thus, realistically, to resolve this matter, you’ll eliminate this function. When you eliminate it, the kernel procedure won’t be hibernated on shutdown anymore, but it’ll be fully sealed. This may raise the closing occasion of the Laptop. Nevertheless, the challenge will be resolved.
Method 1: Run the Power troubleshooter
- Open Control Panel > click on System and Security and select Power, then follow on screen instruction.
- Select power in the system and security troubleshooting
- Reboot to apply the changes.
Method 2: Perform System File Check for gdi window windows 10
- Open cmd as Administrator.
- Type sfc /scannow and hit enter.
- Reboot. This will fix GDI window preventing a shutdown.
Method 3: Start the computer in clean boot
- You can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs in clean boot.
- Open Run and type msconfig and click OK.
- Click Boot tab under system configuration and uncheck Safe Boot option.
- Now go back to the general tab and make sure Selective startup is checked.
- Uncheck Load startup items under selective startup.
- Select Service tab and check the box Hide all Microsoft services.
- Click Disable all to disable all the unnecessary services
- On Startup section, click Open Task Manager.
- Now in Startup tab, disable all the startup items or enable only required programs
- Click OK and then Restart.