Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working Windows 10 or Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working A Problem Caused The Program To Stop Working Correctly is a common windows error related to Internet Explorer. No one loves Internet Explorer, right? But, nevertheless, there are times when we all have to make use of Internet Explorer (apart from using it to download Chrome or FireFox). A number of Internet Explorer users have reported abrupt crashes and ‘Internet Explorer has stopped operating’ malfunction. This trouble and crashes mostly come from flawed .dll files intruding the iexplore.exe file. The predicament of Internet Explorer has always been its dependency on .dll files.
Are you facing Internet Explorer has stopped functioning dilemma when attempting to open Internet Explorer on Windows operating system(Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP)? Don’t worry anymore about this issue. Here are few simple ways to solve this dilemma. You will learn how to fix Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working Windows 10 error.
How To Fix Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working Appcrash?
Fix Internet Explorer has stopped working Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows 10
Fix 1: Reset IE
- Open Internet Explorer and Go to Tools Menu.
- Click Internet Options and Click Advanced.
- Click Reset Button and check Delete Personal Settings.
- Again Click the Reset button.
- Restart the internet explorer. This should fix internet explorer crashing and Internet Explorer has stopped working’ error in Windows 8 or 7. If not, proceed.
Fix 2: Finding and Deleting the Faulty .dll file
Find and wipe off faulty .dll which is doing all the damage and causing Internet Explorer to stop working. For that, follow these steps.
- Right Click on My Computer and click Manage.
- Now Select and expand Event Viewer
- Click and Expand Windows Logs > Click on Application.
- You will see a long list of logs on the right side of the screen.
- Now try to locate an error with Red Cross over it which is caused by .dll and iexplorer.exe.
- You can either repair or delete this file.
Also Read: take ownership windows 10
Fix 3: Resetting Security Zone
- Security zones and time mismatch error also cause Internet Explorer stopped working error.
- Click Security and Click Reset all zones to default level.
Fix 4: Making HTML5 as Default Player
Internet Explorer has stopped working error and Internet Explorer crashing problem is caused by HTML 5 player error.
Hope you liked this article on Fix Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working Windows 10 and How To Fix Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working Windows 8 Fix. Also, fix Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working Loop. Comment below if you need any help.