Microsoft has recently released many major security updates for Windows 10 and other Windows versions. Due to this new security features, you will receive You Require Permission From System To Delete This Folder Windows 10. After receiving this issue, you are unable to delete or change anything to that folder which is protected or restricted.
For that, you need to log in with Admin access.
Today I was deleting a folder and suddenly an error pop up saying You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder.
When I was solving this issue, I learned that you need administrator permissions to move or delete a folder, because sometimes the ownership of the folder is locked with another user account.
Cannot delete the older. You need permission to perform this action.
You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder Fix :
Method 1: Take Ownership using Registry file in Windows 10
- First download the registry file from here.
- It allows you to change file ownership. Install the InstallTakeOwnership and select the file or a folder and right click the Take Ownership.
- Click the “Restore ownership” button to restore it.
- You can also delete the Ownership by clicking on RemoveTakeOwnership.
Method 2: Try Unlocker tool to fix You Require Permission From System To Delete This Folder Windows 10
Unlocker is a free program which allows you to Grant Admin Full Control and fixes You Require Permission From System Windows 8/10
- Go the folder, then right click and choose Unlocker. It will give you a list of processes that have locks on the folder.
- There may be many processes or programs listed, so you can kill the processes.
- After clicking unlock all, your folder must be unlocked and you can either delete or modify it.
Method 3: Use MoveOnBoot
- You just have to install MoveOnBoot, select which files or folders you want to delete that you aren’t able to delete and then restart the PC.
That’s it, people, you have successfully fixed You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder.